Rules for Entry
Rules for Entry
Some rules are meant to be broken. These aren’t. Please play by these rules to ensure your entry is eligible to win!
- Any currently enrolled Dallas-Fort Worth area high school student (grades 9-12) may participate.
- All entries must be the original work, content, idea and creation of the student.
- You may submit a maximum of 2 photos.
- All photos must be taken in Texas.
- All photos must remain in their raw format.
- Submit photos to the entry form. For examples of past years’ submissions, go to the Past Winners page.
- All entries must be uploaded with a completed entry form before March 14, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. All entries must be saved with a label as follows: Name of student – Title of entry – Name of school (Ex: John Smith-Beautiful Bowties-Booker T. Washington).
- Program winners will be announced on April 19 at the Dallas Contemporary.
- All photograph submissions must be high-resolution (300 dpi) to ensure that the photos can be enlarged to 11″ x 17″ (or interchangeable 17″ x 11″) for the exhibition.
- Only one student per entry (photo cannot be taken by two or more people).
- A panel of judges from the Dallas retail, real estate and/or arts industry will judge entries based on originality, creativity, photo quality and how well the photo communicates the theme “Retail as Art.”
- Participants grant Retail As Art all rights to the photos.
- Any submission that does not meet the above criteria will not be considered.
If you have trouble with a retailer curious as to why you are photographing their shop, you are welcome to present the letter attached here. Be respectful to their wishes as this letter does NOT guarantee you will be allowed to shoot, but only explains why you wish to capture images at their site.