6th Annual UCR Retail as Art Photography Exhibition
April 9th marked an evening filled with positive energy as students, teachers and families mingled with real estate executives and socialites at the student exhibition and celebration, which culminated in a presentation of $11,000 in scholarships for 12 deserving participants.
The exhibit included 75 notable submissions by students, bites from Bolsa Mercado and Paciugo, wine by Custom Wine Source, beer by Heineken, photography by Travis Lilley, valet by Sewell Automotive Companies, flowers by Whole Foods and Central Market and music by DJ Blake Ward.
The scholarship recipients included:
Best of Show
1st Prize $3,000 Scholarship – Abigail Chang, The Einstein School, “Lobster Dinner”
2nd Prize $2,000 Scholarship – Thomas Molash, Cistercian Preparatory School, “Parallelism”
3rd Prize $1,000 Scholarship – Ashley Andrews, Booker T. Washington, “Metallic Utensils”
UCR Awards $750 Scholarships
1) Camille Rivera, Irma Rangel Young Women’s Leadership School, “iPhone 5c”
2) Ysidro Motta, Rowlett High School, “1 Million”
Judges Awards $500 Scholarships
1) Wade Griffith Award: Michael McCallum, Cistercian Preparatory School, “Free Sample”
2) Lisa Petty Award: Andrew Helmbrecht, Highland Park High School, “Boxes on Boxes”
3) Sam Reitmayer Sano Award: Christian Gay, Booker T. Washington, “Reflections”
4) Bernard Underwood Award: Graham Buchanan, Cistercian Preparatory School, “Pins and Needles”
5) Teresa Gubbins Award: Uriel Paulin, North Dallas High School, “Peppermint”
6) Evans Caglage Award: Timothy Skaras, Cistercian Preparatory School, “Introspective Division”
7) Instagram Award by Jeyson Paez: Sarah Deibel, Booker T Washington, “Chickn”
Thank you to those of you who attended, donated and supported in many ways. You certainly made this night incredibly successful for our participants! We are looking forward to celebrating DFW’s talented high school student photographers for many more years to come.